The LNP is a Party for all Queenslanders.
The LNP supports a constitutional democracy and governments that are responsible to the people, dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and fostering a society that offers opportunity to all.
We acknowledge our diverse religious heritage and freedom of belief. We are committed to cultivating a cohesive and compassionate community in which all may feel safe and secure and where individual initiative is rewarded.
The following precepts are fundamental to the LNP’s philosophy:
- Preservation of the Westminster system of government;
- Parliament controlling the executive and the law controlling all;
- The independence of the judiciary and the separation of powers;
- The rule of law with all citizens equal before the law;
- Recognition of federal, state and local government within the framework of federalism;
- Freedom of speech, religion, association and media;
- Freedom of citizens to choose their own way of living subject to the rights of others, the laws of the land and the protection of private property;
- Encouragement of individual initiative and private enterprise as the dynamic force of progress.
In our view, government should achieve:
- A just and humane society, where those who cannot provide for themselves can live in dignity;
- The family as the primary institution for fostering the values on which a cohesive society is built;
- Equal opportunity for all Queenslanders in a tolerant and diverse society without exploitation;
- The encouragement and facilitation of wealth so that all may enjoy the highest possible standards of living, health, education and social justice;
- Preserving Australia’s natural beauty and the environment for future generations;
- A spirit of patriotism in which all Australians are united in the common service of their country and accept the necessity of defending their nation in times of crisis or adversity;
- A secure environment in which Australia is safe from aggression and plays its part in world security in defence of peace.